Friday, April 12, 2013

If you are thinking about going natural, you came to the right place!!! I know you are probably thinking... "Natural hair doesn't look good on me... my hair is too nappy and I don't  know how to manage it...would my boyfriend still be attracted to me??" And the list goes on. Well, stop thinking so hard and just do it already. God did not make any mistakes when he created you. Ofcourse your kinks look good on you!!!

I decided to go natural in the fall of 2010, right after I graduated college. Hmmmm..are you wondering what made me do it???? Well, due to stress I lost alot of hair. My hair started to thin and was extremely damaged. I have had enough at this point. So, I called my cousin who was already transitioning and she gave me great advice!! For the first couple of months, I wore sew ins and wigs. In between I washed and treated my hair. In the spring of 2011, I did the semi big chop and weaved it up for about 2 months. Once I took that sew in out, I cut the rest of my perm out and boy oh boy did I feel free!! I felt so strong, confident and beautiful.

You Tube was my thing at this point. I looked up different hair products and styles like crazy. I was washing my hair every week, then I would twist it up and wear a wig. That was my favorite protective style. I fell in love with My Kinky Hair. And you can too. It takes patience and confidence. If you need any advice or have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!!!







1 comment:

  1. I'm going natural myself. I love the different looks. Where are you based out of? Send me an email on the different services you provide. I put together marketing and promotional campaigns for brands, companies, movements, artists, etc. Email: djwakeuplive@gmail.com or call 786-565-8784 to discuss promotional options.

    ReplyDelete